St. Barnabas Health System
Health Care for Seniors in the Pittsburgh Area
St. Barnabas Health System is a non-denominational, not-for-profit health care system serving the residents of Southwestern Pennsylvania. Religious Brother Gouverneur P. Hance founded St. Barnabas in 1900 as a free home for convalescent and incurably ill men and boys.
More than a century later, the mission of St. Barnabas Health System still focuses on providing skilled, compassionate care to all those in need regardless of their ability to pay. In 2014 alone, the St. Barnabas Free Care Fund provided more than $6 million in free care..
Today, St. Barnabas Health System is one of the largest health care systems of its kind in Pennsylvania. The system, located on campuses in Gibsonia, Allegheny County; Valencia, Butler County; and now in Beaver, serves approximately 1,000 inpatients and residents, plus 40,000 outpatients and home care visits. St. Barnabas is building a reputation as the premier choice for physical, occupational, and speech therapy in a skilled nursing environment.
The system includes:
- St. Barnabas Health System – A leader in health care and retirement living - offering a complete continuum of care – from independent living to skilled nursing.
- St. Barnabas Charities – The fund-raising arm of the system, providing more than $6 million annually in free care to St. Barnabas patients.
- St. Barnabas Medical Center – An outpatient medical center open to the public, offering services such as general medicine, dental medicine, home care and rehabilitation.
- Living Assistance Facilities: Our award-winning living assistance facilities are the logical next stop for people who have been living independently, but now require assistance with daily living.
- The Arbors at St. Barnabas, Gibsonia
- The Arbors at St. Barnabas, Valencia
- The Arbors III at St. Barnabas
- St. Barnabas Communities – Independent living is offered at
The Village at St. Barnabas – Western Pennsylvania’s first retirement community. Enjoy maintenance-free living in luxurious one, two and 3-bedroom apartments with an indoor mall.
The Woodlands – A growing community of one story carriage homes with gorgeous cathedral ceilings and stone fireplaces perfect for active retirees.
The Washington Place – One, and two-bedroom apartments for independent retirees who need some assistance with meals and housekeeping.
White Tail Ridge – Whether you’re looking for a two bedroom townhome or five bedrooms and five baths. White Tail Ridge has something to fit every retirement lifestyle.
St. Barnabas Health System
5850 Meridian Road
Gibsonia, PA 15044